New Tool: [Friday Video] Real Estate Warnings for 2020

Real Estate Warnings for 2020


I just got to New York after two weeks in Australia, and while I'm glad to be back on American soil, I'm still a bit frazzled and jet-lagged from the long flights. So we weren't able to record a rant today. We'll be back with those next week.

In its place, I had our video team dial up a behind-the-scenes interview I did at this year's Irrational Economic Summit about how I see the real estate market shifting as we move into 2020.

Real estate is a sector of the market I warn people about the most even if this is a warning they listen to the least. In fact, I wrote a pretty thorough ebook about real estate last year, which you can access here with a subscription.

So many people are stuck in a mindset that the value of real estate will only go up and up, but that's simply not true. While recent American history shows real estate on a long-term uptrend, world history makes clear that real estate does not work that way.

We're in the second bubble, and the next crash is coming. It will take longer to bottom out, and it won't be pretty at any point. I predict things will be worse than 2008.

Harry Dent's signature

Harry Dent

Trending Stories...

Managing Money Velocity

Dr. Lacy Hunt was the first economist to explain why money velocity is important: It measures whether a country is investing its money productively to create continued growth. When it's above average and growing, that's a sign of productive investment that pays good returns and creates more such investment. Falling is a sign of increased...

What Pensions Will Do to Your Pocket

It's that time of year. My wife has been baking up a storm as we get ready for a number of holiday events, including the big family gathering later this week. Black Friday commercials are everywhere as retailers try to pull holiday spending forward as far as possible. Forget Halloween, in a few short years...

The Bigger the Bubble

When I am speaking in Australia, New Zealand, and the U.K., all of whom have big real estate bubbles, I always ask: How do you think this is good for your country that it costs so much to live, and so much investment and attention goes to speculating in real estate instead of producing real...

Live from Australia

As you know, I'm on the road in Australia at the moment, handling a few speaking engagements for my readers in fans Down Under. I always love coming here and recently have tried to do it about twice each year, and it never fails to impress or reinvigorate me. So thanks, Australia, for being lovely...

Social Security is Broke

If you think Social Security is a genuine, albeit compulsory, retirement program, then you haven't read the fine print. Most of us have to put money in over our working lives, and then get the privilege of applying for benefits when we reach age 62 or later (somehow, Congress saw fit to exempt federal employees,...

No comments:

Post a Comment