Economy & Markets' Weekly Digest

The Week in ENM

Happy Saturday, Economy & Markets readers. We hope that you enjoyed your Christmas and got everything that was on your wish list. Here’s betting Rodney didn’t. He’s been angling for an airstream trailer for quite a while, but alas, his wife either can’t pick up on his wishful signal or has no interest in humoring him. Here’s hoping he didn’t get any gift cards as a consolation. Pro tip to Rodney’s future Secret Santas: Just send cash.

Harry surely spent Wednesday in the holiday spirit, but was otherwise too focused on the trends he’s been studying this past quarter. On Monday, he looked at the ways that global growth is falling, particularly in China and India, two vital nations. And on Wednesday he dove into Asia’s imminent rise over the next four-season cycle.

Fast-forward to 2020.

VISIT ECONOMY & MARKETS »

This Week in Economy & Markets...

Why Gift Cards?

It's the day after Christmas and, if you're like three-quarters of Americans, you either gave or received a gift card. Have you ever asked yourself, "Why?" I hate stories that start, "When I was a kid," but indulge me… When I was a kid, my grandparents would sometimes give me $5 or even $10. As...

Asia Dominates Next Four-Season Cycle

On Monday, I talked about how global growth is slowing even with the leaders of the emerging world: first China, now India. But the flip side is that Asia will be the dominant leader for the next spring boom from 2023 into 2036-37 and broader into a plateau between 2055-64 before the next winter season...

I (Sort Of) Want an Airstream for Christmas

I've written for years that I want a towable trailer, but not just any one. I want an Airstream. My wife thinks they look like rolling baked potatoes due to their aluminum outer skin, so she calls them Bak-o-Foil. As long-time readers and those who attend our conferences know, I'm not dying to camp in...

Global Growth Falling: First China, Now India

The central banks' job of keeping this big, fat ugly bubble going is just going to get harder. Not only are they fighting record debt and falling demographic trends in the developed world – with my hierarchy of indicators all pointing down – they are fighting record debt in the emerging world and slowing growth...

No comments:

Post a Comment