Investor Dumb trading mistake costs me $2.6 million...

Company Logo
 
 
Hi Investor,
 

Frank Sinatra famously crooned, "Regrets, I've had a few… but then again, too few to mention."


Well, not me! 


Let me come clean about one of my biggest trading regrets.


Let's file this doozie under, "lack of conviction"... 


Because had I simply just hung in there on my position, I'd have a couple extra million in the bank. 


Here's the deal:


October 2008... 


Smack bang in the midst of the financial collapse…


I find myself standing in line at the local Starbucks®️ for a Venti-Iced coffee - my liquid Crack of choice. 



As I waited in line for that burn-flavored, cringe-when-you-drink-it, coffee… 


It dawned on me…. 


The world might be coming apart at the seams but people are still going to need their coffee fix. 


I started buying… no, not when I got home… I literally started buying Starbucks on my Blackberry in my car. 


I was a (heavily-caffeinated) BUYER... 

and the stock was Starbucks. 


In the days and weeks that followed, Starbucks got slaughtered like the rest of the markets… and yet, I kept buying. 


The peak of my Starbucks positions was just shy of 28,000 shares. 


Sure, that sounds like a lot, but my average price... under 6 bucks! 


I held the stock, I held it till it hurt… oh, the pain! 


Finally, Starbucks and the overall markets began to recover but the fear that overwhelmed all of us during the financial crisis left a mark... 


And I couldn't wait to bail out of this monstrosity even if it meant only a meager profit. 


Finally, in August of 2009 I broke under the pressure… 


I was up money and wanted out for fear things could collapse once again. 


Me and my 28,000 shares sold in the $9 region…. 


Yet TODAY… 


As I write this… 


Starbucks is trading in the mid-$90s!


Oh man…


So, painful as it is to admit…


I left $2.6 million on the table! 

 

You bet that foolishness is going to haunt me for the rest of my days. 


But that's the warts 'n' all of trading.


It's not just "crushing it" like some would have you believe. 


There's ups and there's downs.


I've got 20 years of them under my belt. 


And I've not just been actively trading myself...


I've been teaching trading for almost as long.


For 6 years I was Director of Trading Education for TDAmeritrade®️, the biggest brokerage in America...


Serving over 7 million+ clients. 


Here's me on the far left at the 2014 Las Vegas "Money Show."



I've always found that a radically honest approach to trading is the only way to go.


So I'm open about having made mistakes.


And I'm equally open and unapologetic about scoring some big wins. 


For instance, the 8,337 sq ft house I live in here in Scottsdale, Arizona…



I used one specific and little-known trading strategy to get together the money to buy this home.


What was the strategy? 


You guessed it…


My "Infinity Spreads."


The same unique, low-cost, low-risk, beginner friendly strategy I'm offering to help you get started with if you act fast.


It's my go-to strategy in crazy, volatile markets like we live in today.


Unsurprisingly, the original 30 new TheoTrade®️ memberships I offered in my presentation were quickly spoken for. 


But yesterday, after seeing how smoothly everything was going - and how well we were helping everyone set up their Infinity Spreads...  


I made the decision to reopen the doors to 10 new members.


Because seeing you permanently locked out of this… 


Unable to take advantage of the unique retirement protection and 10X profit-potential offered by Infinity Spreads…


Well, that would suck. 


That's why I'm opening the doors again to give you a chance to jump on this while you still can.


Last I looked, 6 of those 10 spots were snatched up.


That leaves just 4 spots left. 


And it may be even fewer, or even gone by the time you read this.


See if you can get in under the wire right now.

 

Warm Regards,


Don Kaufman

Chief Market Strategist

TheoTrade

 

 

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
 
 

Disclaimer: Neither TheoTrade or any of its officers, directors, employees, other personnel, representatives, agents or independent contractors is, in such capacities, a licensed financial adviser, registered investment adviser, registered broker-dealer or FINRA|SIPC|NFA-member firm. TheoTrade does not provide investment or financial advice or make investment recommendations. TheoTrade is not in the business of transacting trades, nor does TheoTrade agree to direct your brokerage accounts or give trading advice tailored to your particular situation. Nothing contained in our content constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, promotion, or endorsement of any particular security, other investment product, transaction or investment.Trading Futures, Options on Futures, and retail off-exchange foreign currency transactions involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. You should carefully consider whether trading is suitable for you in light of your circumstances, knowledge, and financial resources. You may lose all or more of your initial investment. Opinions, market data, and recommendations are subject to change at any time. Past Performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.

 
 
TheoTrade
16427 N Scottsdale Rd
Suite # 410
Scottsdale, Arizona 85254
United States
1 (800) 256-8876
 
 
If you no longer wish to receive our emails, click the link below:
Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment